Thursday, July 7, 2016

Amusement Park Madness

Are people at amusement parks BLIND or just plain stupid?? My family is at Universal Studios with my boyfriend and I am in my wheelchair since getting around the park on foot would be impossible. I've been stepped on, nudged, elbowed, cut in line, and insulted.

I was in the bathroom (on foot) next in line and apparently I was walking too slow for the woman behind me because she scoffed in my face with a glare and took my stall. I was and still am infuriated. How dare she,.! It was obvious I have mobility issues and I was in excruciating pain trying to hobble to the stall. It was quite the damper on my fun day.

Being in the park in general has been very hard on me. I walked through the new walking dead exhibit which took about 30 minutes (killer on my hips) and have been riding several trams to get to the various levels of the park (all of which took extremely long to arrive and depart).

Aside from that I also have severe crowd anxiety. Others that have been in a wheelchair KNOW what im talking about. Being in a large group of people at such a low height is super intimidating and scary at times. It's really easy to get bumped or hit by people who just aren't paying attention. Not having control over when and where I move is also very stressful and even though my boyfriend, bless his heart, is doing a wonderful job, my anxiety is still outrageous and I keep freaking out on him. It's really frustrating not having control over where I am in a sidewalk or how fast or where I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment